[Skip to Content]
PASSPORT Applications Are Now Being Accepted In The Treasurer's Office

Reporting Information

Reporting Information

Who should report suspected child abuse?

Anyone can report this.

Who is a mandated reporter?

  • Health Care Professionals - physicians, medical examiners, dentists, optometrists, chiropractors, podiatrists, psychiatrists, psychologists, interns, nurses, public health department personnel, funeral directors and hospital personnel.
  • Law Enforcement Officials - police officers, sheriffs, county detectives, coroners and court officials.
  • Social Services Professionals - social services workers, child care workers and clergy.
  • Education Professionals - teachers, principals, school nurses, school administrators and counselors.
  • Anyone who as a part of his or her job has contact with children.

Where to report?

  • Mifflin County Children & Youth is open Monday through Friday from 8:00 - 4:30.  There is an on-call worker available for emergencies throughout the night and on weekends.
    The phone number to call anytime is 717-248-3994.

  • Childline & Abuse Registry is open 24 hours a day.
    The phone number to call anytime is 717-783-8744 or 1-800-932-0313.